Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Keep Moving Forward

Hey guys-

I've been EXTREMELY busy lately (finals are coming up, huge term papers are due, and I'm working on my Disney applications!) ...so I might not have enough time to post DAILY for the next couple of weeks, but I'll try my best to keep updating when important Disney news pops up.. (but lately, it's all been quite slow)... but don't fret! I definitely WILL keep you updated when the news starts picking up! :)

Lately, I've been reading books on Disney... especially this biography written about Walt Disney. It's extremely interesting so far and a fairly easy read! Click on the photo below for your very own copy from amazon.com!



If you still haven't seen Meet The Robinsons yet, I recommend going to see it before it leaves the theatres!! I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and it is quite an innovative movie. Okay, yes, it does have its little cheesy/quirky Disney parts, but overall, I believe there's a powerful and encouraging message that can be applied not only to the Disney company, but also to our everyday lives.



“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- Walt Disney


Also, I re-watched FANTASIA earlier today just to relax, and I completely FORGOT how brilliant it is!! Disney is a genius... the way the animation went along with the music was executed PERFECTLY! And the narrator/conductor breaks were extremely interesting (in a way, you could consider it somewhat of a DVD commentary), and the animation itself was uniquely fresh and revolutionary. If you haven't seen it yet- GO RENT/eBay IT!! End of story.



Earlier this afternoon, my boyfriend was reading my Complete Disney Encyclopedia from A to Z and was "quizzing" me on my Disney knowledge. I got most of his questions right, but one thing I was HOPING he wouldn't ask me is.. "What's the Prince's name from Snow White?" ... because I know Prince Eric is from The Little Mermaid, Prince Phillip is from Sleeping Beauty... and Prince Charming is from Cinderella... but when I thought about Snow White... the only name that came to my mind was ... PRINCE CHARMING... but in TWO movies?! There is also a comic called FABLES that is a story about fairytale characters living in modern day New York (you should check it out!) ... and the character, Prince Charming is a play-boy who is divorced from all three Cinderella, Snow White, and Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty)... but I never actually thought about it until now.




So like a normal human being looking for answers, I looked it up on wikipedia... and THIS is what I found. It is a common belief in our society that PRINCE CHARMING is the prince in ALL THREE Disney movies (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella). HOWEVER... Sleeping Beauty's prince is, in fact, Prince Phillip... and Cinderella and Snow White... ? Well... their princes have NO NAMES!! ... Well, okay, Snow White's prince is simply called "THE PRINCE"... but as for Cinderella's knight in shining armor:

"It should be noted that Cinderella's prince is never actually identified in the film as "Prince Charming," nor is there any clear reason why he has come to be known by that title in the Disney vernacular. He is not even described in the script as being particularly charming; that designation went to Snow White's beloved, as illustrated by the line "Anyone could see that the prince was charming, the only one for me."

... I know... WHAT?!!? ... oh well... he'll always be known as Prince Charming to me! ALSO, question #31 under "Disney History" on the actual Disney website "CLAIMS" his name is actually Prince Charming... hmmm... interrrrresting...



OH YEAH! And just to complete the Princess club (and for those of you who don't know)... Belle's prince has no "real" name- as a beast, and when he turns back into a human, he is always known as BEAST (or, "The Beast/ The Prince").



Tonight on DISNEY at THE MOVIES @ 8PM ET/PT:



For the complete Disney Channel listing, click HERE!!

That's it for today-
Peace out!
-andi w.

P.S. JUST SO YOU KNOW:



Horatio Thelonious Ignacious Crustaceous Sebastian is a (Jamaican... not French!)... CRAB.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wat?!! he's jamaican!?!!! :P thanks for posting all these lovely pictures Andi!! they make me happy! i feel like i'm in Disneyland again!

Anonymous said...

It certainly is not right

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, your idea is very good

Anonymous said...

I suggest you to visit a site on which there are many articles on this question.

Anonymous said...

God save me from my friends, I can protect myself from my enemies.